Is A Fresh Start Through Bankruptcy Right For You?
Whether you are a big business with multiple banks breathing down your neck, or a single individual with credit card or medical debt collection calls coming in day and night, the stress you feel is similar. We get it because we have seen it before, and we understand how overwhelming our clients’ problems feel to them.
For consumers, individuals and families, a fresh start through bankruptcy is often the best answer. We know that filing for bankruptcy is nothing to feel proud of, but neither should it be a stigma of defeat nor an embarrassment. If you qualify to file for bankruptcy, this is often what is in your best interest and the interests of your family.
Legal Services For Individuals
In addition to handling many Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcies, along with Chapter 11 cases for high-income individuals and Chapter 12 cases for farmers, we work with our clients who may be involved in litigation, collection or foreclosure to see if there may be a solution short of filing formal bankruptcy that can be worked out with your creditors. Our attorneys would never tell anyone to just rush out and file without thinking through other possible options that might be available to you.
Many of our clients have failed or troubled small businesses that have bled over in to their personal financial picture. Our clients work with our attorneys and paralegals to gather information so that we can become educated about the entire situation in order to help them figure out next steps and options. We want our clients to fully understand their options in order to do what is best under trying circumstances.
Our attorneys can assist you with:
- Chapter 7 – Facing possible bankruptcy, either personal or through a business, is difficult. A Chapter 7 bankruptcy is a proceeding in which a company stops all operations and goes out of business.
- Chapter 11 – Chapter 11 bankruptcy allows time to repay debts and propose a repayment plan to creditors. Chapter 11 reorganization is the most complex of all bankruptcy cases and generally the most expensive.
- Chapter 13 – Chapter 13 is a section of the Bankruptcy Code which helps qualified individuals or small proprietary business owners who desire to repay their creditors but are in financial difficulty.
- Debt restructuring and workout plans – As companies and individuals grow and evolve, their financial situations naturally change. If an individual or company is facing financial distress, options other than a formal bankruptcy may still be available to them.
- Discharge injunction violations and automatic stay violations – Discharge or collections violations are on the rise and you have a right to fight back.
- Credit report errors – We are a firm of caring individual lawyers and paralegals who will help you work through the process and come out the other side with a stronger financial future.
- Litigation – Our attorneys work quickly to address your litigation needs from emergency injunction proceedings to complex disputes.
- Mediation – Mediation is an alternative method of dispute resolution that occurs outside the courtroom. It involves a neutral “third party” who guides disputing parties to achieve a voluntary resolution and create their own settlement agreement.
Take Control Of Your Future
Legal disputes can be a drain on your emotions and finances. At DLG, our legal team is here to provide effective counsel and advice and experienced legal representation so you can take back your life. Call our office at 859-309-4653 to arrange for a consultation to learn how working with an attorney can streamline resolutions to life’s toughest challenges. You may also reach out to us online to initiate a consultation.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.